If you are looking to move to a place with the beauty of the mountains and lakes, but you are still in an area that has plenty of shopping and things to do, consider relocating to Mooresville, NC. You are just a couple hours from one of the tallest points in the state – Clingman’s Dome in the Blue Ridge Mountains. And, you can choose to live right on beautiful Lake Norman. History buffs will love the area with all of its history, including the historical areas of many of the towns in the area. Mooresville was founded in 1850 and has many historic places to visit. After reviewing the pros and cons of moving to North Carolina, we’ll be the pros outweigh the cons.
Pros of Moving to North Carolina
Once you’ve decided to move to North Carolina, you just have to pick a spot. If you like the mountains but don’t relish getting stuck home in the snow, pick a spot that is just an hour or two away from the mountains. You’ll be able to visit anytime you want.
North Carolina also has many lakes, including the beautiful Lake Norman, for those who want to get away from the hustle and bustle of a large metropolis like St. Petersburg or Clearwater and move to a place that offers fresh air and more country air. While Lake Norman isn’t salt water, it does provide for clean beaches.
Benefits of moving to North Carolina include:
- Many places in North Carolina are less expensive to live in, which means you’ll save on everything from property taxes to groceries.
- Enjoy mountains and beachfront property by living on or near Lake Norman.
- Moving to North Carolina allows you to enjoy four seasons – if you’re moving from the south–, especially if you are closer to or up in the mountains. If you are from the north, you’ll find that North Carolina has more warm months than cold months.
- You’ll find plenty of jobs, even in the smaller cities.
- Live just outside of town so that it’s convenient to commute and shop, and feel like you’re living in the country.
- Homes are still affordable in North Carolina.
- On Point Carolinas Realty is located in North Carolina and will help you find the perfect home. Make sure you do due diligence – that is, check out the home and neighborhood – with a realtor or someone who knows the area.
Cons of Moving to North Carolina
Moving is always a chore, especially if you are moving from out of state or even within the same state, but from another city. You can make your move easier by planning everything out before you even start looking for a house.
- Moving is already expensive – and a long distance move is more so. Plan ahead by creating a budget and saving for a down payment for your new house.
- Another added stress to moving from out of state or a distant city is that you don’t know the neighborhoods and the prices of homes. Before you start looking for the perfect home, know how much mortgage you can afford. This is going to depend on your credit score and your down payment.
- Keep moving expenses separate from your down payment savings. Moving to another state could cost thousands, depending on which way you choose to move, including hiring movers or renting a truck to do it yourself. So that you are able to get the house you want, make sure you save enough of a down payment.
Contact On Point Carolinas Realty
Find the perfect home in North Carolina today by contacting On Point Carolinas Realty. We’ll help you find the perfect home and help you close before you even leave your current location.